Happy 2019 to you, dear friends and listeners.
Looking back on 2018, I’m reminded of a year of amazing projects and collaborations.
– played guitar on Chris Velan‘s amazing album ‘Amateur Hour’
– European tour in June
– released ‘Natural Weather’ and played incredible shows with a sweet new band to launch it (and I’m shocked and humbled to see it on a few year end lists)
– recorded and mixed ‘Open Water,’ the upcoming release by Utrecht band The Fire Harvest (look for it in 2019)
– toured Eastern Canada opening for and singing with The Barr Brothers
– continued in depth, ongoing work on Camille Delean‘s (to be) incredible second album
– contributed to the new release and installation concerts by Thus Owls (see playlist below)
– reunited for 3 wild and vital shows with Julie Doiron & the Wooden Stars
– after more than a few years, we settled on a final mix (by Jace Lacek) for the newest Bell Orchestre recording (to be made public sometime later in 2019)
– countless other concerts, sessions and happenings but this list is already long
All of this activity means the world to me. Thank you so much for your openness and curiousity and for bearing witness to it all.
Much love and see you in 2019. Lots of plans in the works.
Photo by Corey Isenor (thanks)
Here is a playlist for you.